Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter
This is my rendition of sweet potato gnocchi with brown butter & sage. It's an Italian dumpling consisting of a few simple ingredients. Enjoy! #gnocchi #italian #pasta not pasta #foodislovepcs #brownbutter
· 1 russet potato
· 1 sweet potato
· 1 egg
· Salt to taste
· ½ cup parmesan/romano mix
· Pinch nutmeg
· 1 ½ -2 cups all-purpose flour
· 8 tablespoons butter
· ½ tsp dried sage or 3 fresh sage leaves
· salt and pepper to taste
· Preheat oven to 350.
· Pierce potatoes with a fork.
· Bake for 45- 1 hour until a fork pierces through easily.
· Allow potatoes to cool slightly then remove the peel.
· Mash potatoes or use a ricer.
· Add egg, parm and flour slowly. Mix until dough comes together.
· Sprinkle flour on a work surface
· Cut dough into long ropes. Cut dough into apx 1 in pieces.
· Then bring a large pot of water to a simmer. Simmer gnocchi until they float to the top. Drain.
· Melt butter in a large skillet until it turns golden brown.
· Add gnocchi and saute. Add sage next.
· Saute until gnocchi is brown and caramelized.
· Serve with additional parm and lemon zest.